Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we process, how we process it, and for what reasons.
Please note that we will ask for your consent before using your personal data for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice.
NEOM has its principal address at Information Technology and Communications Complex (ITCC), 2nd Floor Building IN-01, Al Nakheel District 12382, Riyadh, P.O. Box 10, Riyadh 11411, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
NEOM (“we"", “our"" or “us"") is committed to providing excellent service, including respecting concerns about privacy and taking the relevant measures to safeguard personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the requirements and guidelines issued by the competent authorities from time to time.
We have provided this Privacy Notice to help you, the user, understand how we collect, use and protect your personal data when you visit and use any of NEOM’s website including, without limitation, any microsites and tools contained therein (our “Websites""), mobile applications and any tools contained therein (our “Mobile Applications""), social media pages, and other technological platforms in whatever form (together referred to as our “Platforms""), and how that information will be treated. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect your personal data and use your personal data.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE
- Investors and other business contacts: We collect certain limited personal data about our investor contacts and other business contacts. Personal data collected in this context is usually (but may not exclusively be) limited to name, employer name, contact title, phone, email and other business contact details.
- Suppliers: We collect certain limited personal data about individuals associated with our suppliers and service providers (including professional advisors and individuals associated with our service providers) Personal data collected in this context is usually (but may not exclusively be) limited to name, employer name, contact title, phone, email and other business contact details.
- Our website: When you visit our website or contact us via a link on our website, we may collect information from you directly and/or automatically. The information that we collect may include, without limitation, your name, email address and IP address.
- Careers and recruitment: If you apply for a position with us, we will use the personal information contained in your CV and other application documentations in order to evaluate your application and assess whether to offer you a position. This may include information about your employment history and qualifications, as well as your name, address and contact details. If you are hired, the information will be retained, used and disclosed in accordance with our policies which apply to our employees. If you are not offered or do not accept a position, we may retain this information for a reasonable period in the event that an appropriate position becomes available or that you re-apply.
We will use and disclose personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- to manage our relationships with investor contacts and other business contacts, including to promote NEOM and send information about upcoming events;
- to receive services provided by our suppliers and other third parties;
- to enable us to respond to any enquiries that you submit to us via our website;
- to evaluate any job application you may submit and assess whether to offer you a position;
- to ensure that our website runs smoothly and to improve the functionality of the website to better serve your requirements; or
- to meet legal, judicial, regulatory, industry, audit, security or ethical requirements.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal information with:
- third party service providers providing services on our behalf (see below for further information);
- a regulator, law enforcement body or judicial authority; or
- a prospective buyer or seller of our business assets.
We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers who require access to such information for the purpose of providing specific services to us. These third parties will generally only be able to access your data in order to provide us with their services and will not be able to use it for their own purposes. For example, NEOM stores data in one or more databases hosted by third parties in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.These third parties do not use or have access to your personal data for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval.
We take reasonable contractual and other measures to require that the organisations with whom we share personal information maintain the confidentiality of personal information in accordance with the applicable law, including regulatory requirements, and only use such information for the specific purpose for which we supply it to them.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorized access, disclosure, disruption, modification and destruction including by means of firewalls, password access and secure servers. In particular, we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems, and restrict access to personal data to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Unfortunately, there is always risk involved in sending information through any channel over the internet. You send information over the internet entirely at your own risk. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the internet and we do not warrant the security of any information, including personal data, which you transmit to us over the internet.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorized access to, your personal data, please let us know immediately.
DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
The data that we collect from you is stored on our servers.Our servers are located in third party data centers inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.Third parties do not use or have access to your personal data for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. When assessing these periods, we carefully examine our need to collect personal data at all and if we establish a relevant need, we only retain it for the shortest possible period to realize the purpose of collection unless a longer retention period is required by contractual obligation or law.If you want to learn more about our retention policy, you can contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this notice.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
In the future, we may revise or amend this Privacy Notice at any time by amending this page. All changes will be made here so you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. Some of the provisions contained in this Privacy Notice may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Websites.
USE OF THE NEOM WEBSITE
We collect information automatically when people visit our Platforms and we store this information in log files.The information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is located, the browser type, operating system and other general usage information. NEOM has a legitimate interest in understanding how people use and interact with its website. The purpose of this is to allow us to analyze trends, track visitor movements in order to enhance the user experience and diagnose problems with our website or server.
QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS
"We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy Notice. When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process your personal data, or if you wish to raise a complaint, please contact us here:
Information Technology and Communications Complex (ITCC)
2nd Floor Building IN-01, Al Nakheel District 12382
P.O. Box 10, Riyadh 11411
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia